Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Find!


So today I happened to come upon an adorable cloth diaper store downtown.  Even though we have already chosen Rumparooz One-Size Diapers, I just keep looking at every possibility, to make sure we picked the one that best suites us.  I've been looking into the hybrid diapers like GroVia and gdiapers because I like that they have biodegradable options.  But, like I stated in my previous post, that route is simply too expensive!

I've been thinking it would be easier if you didn't have to stuff the insert in to the pocket of diaper.  I know you can do this with pre-folds and covers, but that was not quite what I was looking for.  Today I found that GroVia makes a diaper that looks like a cover, but you snap the insert on top instead of putting it in a pocket.  It's basically like putting an already-folded pre-fold into a cover.  The snaps help it from moving around and getting bunched up.  One GroVia diaper (including the inserts) costs $24.95.  If you just buy the outer shell, it's $16.95, and one set of 2 inserts costs $16.95.  They aren't the cheapest diaper, but they are very easy to take care of. 

BumGenius also makes a similar diaper called the Flip.  It is almost exactly the same except it doesn't snap down to the cover.  It does have a small flap on both ends to put the insert under to help it stay in place.  They supposedly catch everything, so you don't have to wash the outer cover as frequently - definite plus!
bumGenius All-In-One Cloth Diaper Diagram

Aren't these such a great idea?!  Both of these diapers are a One-Size Diaper, which means they have several adjustable snaps (GroVia has velcro at the top), to adapt to your baby from birth to potty-trained.  

If anyone has tried these, I'd love to hear how you like them!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment