Thursday, July 29, 2010

Just What I've Been Looking For

I am just so excited to write about what I found at that store today!  I've been thinking about an easier way to take care of messy diapers.  You can get a shower head to hook to your toilet, but I feel like that will splatter everywhere...You can also just use a spatula (which is what we were planning on doing,) but it does sound a little weird.  While I was brainstorming, I said to myself, "Self, what if there was a liner on the inside surface of the diaper that I could unsnap and lift off the diaper in order to make clean up easier?"  I thought I was a pretty smart for thinking of that, but then if the snap was covered it'd be super gross to try and unsnap it.  Plus, it's just one more thing you need to wash.  So, today at the store I found exactly what I've been looking for.  I'm so glad someone invented it!  They are...biodegradable liners!  The texture is kind of a mix between a dryer sheet and toilet paper.  They're pretty sturdy - so it doesn't break when you pick it up or dump it off - but it's also very soft.  They come in a few different sizes and brands.  The ones I found were made by GroVia, Bummis, and Imse Vimse.

You simply rip a sheet off the roll and put it on top of the inside surface of the diaper.  Then, when the diaper needs changing, you peel off the liner, throw it into the toilet, and flush!  There might be a little excess mess that needs to be cleaned off the diaper itself, but it sure beats scraping/spraying it all off (in my opinion).

You can buy a roll of 100 sheets for $6-$12.  GroVia seems to be the best deal with the nicest texture.  I can't wait to actually speak from experience after trying these!

No comments:

Post a Comment